Friday, January 10, 2014

Tending to the Mending

Well, it's Friday night and I'm...tending to my pile of mending.  Exciting, huh?  It does feel very good to be getting it done.  In the pile were multiple pairs of play/work jeans with holey knees, a hunting sweatshirt with ripped pockets, a pair of snowpants with a very large hole in the pocket (thought we lost the truck keys last weekend but they were at the bottom of the pant leg next to Mark's boot), and my nephew's unhemmed karate pants.  So, tonight holes were patched, pockets were sewn, and pants were hemmed.  All for the boys who, apparently, are hard on their clothes!
Over the last two weeks, I've finished two new hats - one for me and one for Mark.  Katie agreed to model them for me for photos:

Mark's was especially fun to make because I was able to use up lots of scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!