Monday, March 26, 2012

Rainy Day Nesting




Cold and wet today.  When I stopped this morning to help set up a garage sale, I couldn't resist doing a little pre-sale shopping.  These are two of my favorite finds - both coming from my Grandma's kitchen.  The lovebird spoonrest was always sitting on her stove, above the oven, which held wonderful smells coming from a roaster.  Can't wait to use them both!

After spending too much time at the garage sale, I spent time at home catching up on my cooking & baking day.  I bought 7 dozen eggs last week at the warehouse store, thinking how nice it would be to have eggbakes in the freezer, ready to pop in the oven on a Saturday morning.  So, I made four pans today and still have 3 dozen eggs left.  Perfect amount to hardboil and dye for Easter.


Also, you'll notice our last Cara Cara orange - a whole bag gone in a day, they were so delicious.  Will visit the market tomorrow ad hope they have more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!