Wednesday, February 6, 2013

13 Minutes

We have been out of homemade cookies for some time - this is a problem for my family.  They want homemade cookies.  Yes, they could make some themselves but, "Mom, but you make the best cookies!" or "But we love yours the best!", as manipulative as it may be, usually hits the mark with me and I will make cookies. 
It takes 13 minutes to bake in my oven (sometimes longer when I accidentally hit the "oven cancel" button instead of the "timer cancel" button).  As you know, I'm one of the worst procrastinators - especially with simple jobs that really won't take much time.  Just do it, right?  So, I decided to see how much I could accomplish in each 13 minutes of bake time:

1st pan into oven...remove all bags, backpacks, sweatshirts, shoes and boots from kitchen floor, sweep, vacuum and then scrub kitchen floor with Murphy's soap...
DING!

1st pan out, 2nd pan in...remove everything from butcher block counter, wipe down completely, wash breakfast dishes and cookie making bowls...
DING!

2nd pan out, 3rd pan in...find sandpaper in garage, lightly sand butcher block counter, rub with food-safe wood oil, put leftover Super Bowl crab dip in microwave, return armload of basement property to basement, grab a Coke from basement fridge (special treat - don't usually have in the house!), cut up an apple...
DING!

3rd pan out, 4th pan in...arrange dip, chips and apple on plate (take photo for blog), log onto laptop, read the latest posts on some of my favorite blogs while I eat...
DING!
4th pan out, cleaner kitchen, lunch done, and cookie supply replenished - a good hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!