Friday, May 24, 2013

Rain, Caffeine, Books, ahhhh....

It's sunny today but for many, many days past, it has been raining. (This is a typical Minnesota conversation opener - a comment on the weather - there's always something to talk about when you start with the weather!)  On Tuesday morning, I filled my coffee mug, pulled on my rain boots, switched on the windshield wipers and hit some local used bookstores, as well as, the book aisle at a thrift shop and oh, what a haul!  I bought books for everyone in the family plus a few gifts for friends.  I found copies of our next couple book club selections and...AND...see those books right in the middle back?  See the two on the top with mainly yellow spines?  They are Geronimo Stilton books.  Kate had nearly the whole collection when she was younger.  She loved them.  They formed the person she has become (in a good way).  And at some point, on a day I was actually cleaning house,...I got rid of them.  I can't believe I did it.  I don't know what I was thinking.  And I so regret it.  The books are so funny and clever and FULL of personality.  So, I will buy them when I see them.  I will get her collection back (even if it ends up being a graduation gift...from college!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!