Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Living Room Change-Up

Here is our new "lighter" wall color and new couch covers.  There's white base trim but "we" haven't completed the door trim yet.  The crown molding is stained wood and I think we should leave it that way.  I really like the combination of stained wood with painted white woodwork - it's just trying to find the right balance that says, "it just kinda fell into place" vs. "we're still working on it".
We used to have framed photos over the couch that I got tired of.  So, I've been working on these canvases - trying for a cleaner, sparser look.  The canvases, themselves (photos from at the river), are beautiful.

But a little too sparse.  So, today, I took them down and put the Molokai, Hawaii Photos back up and I love them again - they look right.
I used the rest of the thrift store denim to make a few couch pillows.  I sewed the seams wrong-side out so that, after a couple washings, they'll fray.  I'm happy with the way they turned out.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE those pillows!
    Kimm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimm! They took longer than I thought they would but were fun to make.

      Delete

Please leave a comment - thank you!