Monday, October 22, 2012

Need...To...Organize...(and simplify)

This is one little corner in my sewing room - so many projects waiting to be finished.  Unfortuantely, there are similar piles all over the house.  It's feeling rather overwhelming.  It's all simple stuff, some of it even fun, enjoyable, but there's just so much.  Plus all the other silly stuff I have to do like cooking and driving and, ugh, cleaning.  So, I am on a desperate mission to get organized, stop procrastinating, take things one little step at a time.  Oh yeah, and throw everything in the garbage simplify.
I had a few white hooks left over from Kate's room redo so, yesterday, I attached them inside my closet and pulled all the purses out from the bottom of my closet and look how organized it looks (those jeans aren't dirty - they're my painting jeans):

Today is receipt day.  I have this easy system of highlighting the date on all our receipts, then filing them into these month/year tabbed boxes.  Except when I've neglected to do those simple steps in...um...about 11 months.  So, now I have this overflowing shoebox of receipts that looks like it would take me the next three days to highlight and file.  I do not have three days to dedicate to this project.  But I also can't just throw them away (too much of a control freak).  So, I'm just plugging away at it.  It will get done.  It kinda feels good to focus on just this one thing.  And if I get it done today...I'm gonna feel good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!