Wednesday, October 31, 2012

See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil

We have some pumpkins aeound the house but mostly it's skeletons.  All Hallows Eve, All Saints Day, All Souls Day - they are all days to remember the dead (Dia de los Muertos) and so skeletons seem much more fitting than pumpkins.  These are days to remember those who have died before us, to dress in costumes to confuse evil spirits...(and to eat candy, of course)! 
Our kitchen, this morning, looked like a crime scene after we opened and seeded a pomegranate (that juice can really spray!).  My brother's birthday was a few days ago and mine is coming up.  When we were younger, our Aunt Sharon would always include a pomegranate with our birthday gifts as they were in season at this time.  My mouth waters just looking at this picture!
Mark and I used to have annual halloween parties.  Last weekend we found some pictures from one of them - scary!  Why are people afraid of clowns?  Hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Jacki - I learned this trick at Cub of all places for seeding a pomegranate. Fill a large bowl with cold water. Cut the pomegranate in four pieces. Hold a piece under the water and gently work the seeds loose with your fingers (it's easy). The seeds will sink to the bottom and all the white stuff floats to the top. I got tired of finding red stains under my cabinets, on my ceiling etc. days later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle - I did just find some more juice spots under my cabinets! I will definitely do this in a bowl of water next time. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete

Please leave a comment - thank you!