Monday, October 1, 2012

Teen Room Redo - Complete!

Victory!  We successfully and harmoniously (gasp in disbelief) transformed Kate's little girl room to a teenage mecca that we both love.   (If you'd like to read her personal rave about the room, check out Kate's blog.)  I got my way with white walls and dressers.  She got her way with a wall of posters and magnetic white boards:
After hours (maybe even weeks days) spent pinning on Pinterest, I finally used one of the great ideas to make this photo collage heart - defintely our favorite project in the redo:
And those cheapy bookshelves that I settled for?  So happy I did 'cause it made me feel not a bit bad to stick cork board and little plastic hooks to the sides of them for further organization.  My favorite use of the little hooks is this solution for all the loose Cds laying around the bedside stereo:

2 comments:

  1. Wow... looks really nice!!! I can't believe she's a teenager. So many great ideas in this room. Thoughtfulness really comes across via all those fabulous details. I bet she's over the moon happy about it.

    Also, I noticed the ceiling - seems I remember her mother used to have a night sky image on hers.

    Many compliments on a job well done.
    ~ Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lis! I felt like I had to drag myself into this project but, in the end, it was really fun!

      Delete

Please leave a comment - thank you!