Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back-to-School Shopping and Bleach T-Shirts

This is me in my new back-to-school clothes, probably first grade, with my name and pertinent information pinned to my groovy hip jacket.  Notebooks under my arm and envelope with official documents in my other hand.  Wow - the patterns of the 70's!  There are cuffs on those slacks!  My mom made this outfit - honestly, pretty impressive matching of plaid at the seams.
We've been doing back to school shopping around here; clothes and supplies.  (No, I haven't been busy sewing.)  Kate spent much of the afternoon organizing her supplies.  And remember those Muppet Band-Aids?  Well, Kate found a whole new use for them - her classes are now "Muppet-coded":
My favorites are 1) the Swedish Chef on her Chinese folder and Animal on her Math folder (her exact personality when it comes to math homework!).
We had Kate and John's photos taken today at a Target portrait studio.  For half the cost of two school portrait packages, we got multiple individual shots of each, as well as, pics of the two together - turned out really, really cute - so happy with them!
During our stay at the lake this summer, we made this cute bleach t-shirts, using bleach pens on solid t-shirts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!