Friday, December 7, 2012

Book Sale

Today, I withstood temptation.  Mostly.  Our church is having a holiday sale this weekend: baked goods, homemade jellies, jams, sweaters and scarves...  I am helping to run the used book booth.  This morning I went in to set up, price books and get them on display.  There are hundreds of books!  My family was placing bets on how many books I would buy before I even put them on a shelf.  I only bought two, thank you very much!  And I donated eight so...I'd say I can do some more shopping when I go to work my shift tomorrow!  With hardcovers only $1 and paperbacks a mere 50 cents, how can I go wrong?!

I also donated my very favorite "book" movie - 84 Charing Cross Lane.  I only donated the VHS copy because I have a DVD copy also and decided I probably didn't need to keep both.  I love movies with bookstores or libraries in them.  Fred Astaire finds Audrey Hepburn working in a bookstore in the movie Funny Face .  And, of course, You've Got Mail.  What other "book" movies are out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!