Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Taking the Time

We're only a short drive from Minneapolis (you can see the city there on the other side of the lake) and it's many lakes and parks.  We spent Christmas Eve morning walking around Lake Calhoun.  This side of the lake, at the beach, was catching a pretty good wind and the kids were cold.  Being the complacent kids that they are, they didn't complain about it at all, though. 
Right. 
There is still open water in the middle of the lake but the edges were walkable (and slippery!) 
Taking time for a walk is something I need to do more often.

I got a new desk chair for Christmas with all kinds of fancy levers and ergo-approved stuff. 
So today I'm taking the time to test drive this chair.
30 minutes following a tutorial on how to combine all ipods/iphones to the same Apple ID without having to share the same text message/facetime IDs
60 minutes of pinning on Pinterest
30 minutes of paying bills and balancing bank accounts
60 minutes of reading all the latest posts on my favorite blogs
It's kinda like when I'm wrapping homemade caramels; one in the bowl, 2 in my mouth, 1 in the bowl...

One of my favorite things to do is...go to the movies.  Mark and John both have plans so Kate and I are taking the time to go to the movies today.  We're gonna see Les Miserables, eat popcorn and chocolate and soda... fully enjoy the big screen experience.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment - thank you!