Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Cards

December already - yikes, that went fast!  Last weekend while we were hiking, I set the timer on my camera and set it on an icy rock so we could get a family picture.  One of my brothers gave me, years ago, one of those gorilla tripods that will grip onto anything.  I think they're an amazing idea.  Except.  I never never remember to pack it with me.  So, an icy rock served fine.  The photo turned out okay - well enough to use for our Christmas cards.  When I ordered the prints, I was "awarded" six free photo calendars using any photo from my set so...we got six Rocco calendars.  Cute, huh?  Now, I've written our letter and updated my address book and am trying to get them all in envelopes so I can mail them on Monday.

When Kate was first born, we started getting so many beautiful holiday cards from friends and family with photos and letters.  I couldn't bear to throw them out after the season, so I started collecting them in an old photo album.  I added a bunch of pocket sheet protectors and bought stacks of holiday paper.  I mount each photo and/or letter on a page so we can look through them over the years.  We have three albums very full now and they are so fun to look through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!