Monday, June 4, 2012

Birthday Lights

The lamp on the left used to belong to my Auntie Jeanne, a long time ago.  My Mom bought it from her at a garage sale, a long time ago.  It now resides in the guest room of my parents lake cabin.  It's hard to see in this scratchy photo but the globe is gold plastic (lucite, officially) with green and orange geometric shapes melted into it - very funky.  Mark has always admired it and said, "If you ever run across a light like that, buy it for me."  Never gonna happen, right?

W-hell...looky what I found at a consignment store - photo on the right - a few months ago and have been hiding in the back of my closet for his birthday!  Still searching on Ebay for that awesome lucite globe, though. 

Ever watch That 70's Show?  The lamp on the right belong's in Eric's house but the lamp on the left would've been in Donna's house - way more hip.  Although the light on the right provides much better reading light.  Yeah, like I said - nerd on the right, cool on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!