Sunday, June 17, 2012

Beer for Father's Day!

It's so obvious - the perfect Father's Day gift - why haven't we thought of this before?!  Well, maybe not from my children to my husband but from my brothers and I to our Dad.  We're giving Dad  a Minnesota Beer of the Month Club subscription.  Taking turns, we'll deliver a package of MN brew during the first week of each month along with some fun facts, history, tour schedule, and product information about that month's featured MN brewery.  We might even include a "field trip" now and then.

The Grain Belt sign has been a long standing fixture of the Minneapolis skyline.  I remember seeing it as a child from the backseat of my parent's caramel brown Chevrolet Impala.  It stands along side the bridge that crosses the Mississippi going out of the city.  Seeing it meant that we were leaving "downtown", reentering the neighborhoods that would guide us back to suburbia.

There is another landmark that made a strong impression on my childhood visits into the city.  I stared from the car window as we'd pass the Minneapolis Brewing Company Castle where Grain Belt was originally brewed (it's now brewed by the Schell's Brewery in New Ulm, MN).

I, as eldest, am taking the first turn in the Beer of the Month Club deliveries and have decided that Grain Belt is the place to start.  It is not a beer for the connoisseur.  We can only add craft onto it in the selections of the following months.  A six pack of Grain Belt Premium, a six pack of Nordeast, and some great history found here and glued into a "beer journal" is so much better than a new tie, don'tcha think?

The kids are giving these homemade chocolate chip cookies to their Grandfather and Godfathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!