Thursday, November 1, 2012

100th Post, Allowances and Favorite Prayer

Yep - this my 100th post - yay!  To celebrate, I am allowing this entry to be photo-free, just... words. 

I'm taking the day off today also (actually I'm writing this yesterday, ha!)  I've self-prescribed a few allowances this week.  On Monday I went to a daytime movie, Cloud Atlas, with my friend Kimm while the kids were in school - felt terribly wonderful guilty!  Tuesday, I spent the day in a writing session which, compared to grocery shopping or cleaning bathrooms, is certainly an indulgence (okay, that sounded bad - I'm just struggling a little with the writing right now - the writing sessions are awesome and I just may be back on track).  Wednesday, I'm writing... pretty much all day.  And today, I'm visiting the town of Stillwater, MN with my mom and aunt - girls day out - coffee, lunch and antiques.  Tomorrow - I'm not thinking about 'cause that's probably when the sink and laundry are gonna overflow and the fridge will start to echo - I'll have to go back to work.

Today is All Saints Day.  My favorite part of All Saints Day is listening to the Litany of the Saints.  And my favorite prayer is one from Saint Frances of Assisi.  It is often heard in song.  It was sung at our wedding and it was sung, last week, at my Grandma's funeral.  Sarah MacLachlan has a beautiful version you can listen to a sample of here.

This is the prayer:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!