Sunday, September 30, 2012

NOT Wireless

I've been distracted by telephone wires lately.  In the mornings, on the way home from driving the kids to school, the sun shines on the strings of cable, looking very much like a sticky web, freshly spun.  On those mornings there is traffic and I can't stop to take a photo.  So, Saturday morning, Kate and I got up early and took a three hour road trip around town, takings photos of telephone wires.  Yes, in case you're wondering, I do have other things I should've been doing.  But I'm glad I didn't do what I should be doing because we had such a beautiful morning.  And these wires...what is it about them?  Normally, I would not be enamored by cables and hardware and posts obstructing my view of the trees behind.  Maybe it's the suspicion that, within our lifetimes, these cables will be obselete - a thing of the past.  Or maybe it's the pattern, the loose order of the parallels.  I'm just finding them so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!