Friday, January 11, 2013

The Secrets I Kept

I mentioned, before Christmas, a few projects I was working but couldn't tell you about, of course, because they were gifts.  Well, this pillow was one of them.  I saw a pillow like this in a Garnet Hill catalog years ago and thought it was such a simple fun idea.  Every year, on my side, we draw names to see for whom we have to make a homemade gift.  It's couple to couple; for example, Mark and I had to make a homemade gift for my brother and his wife.  That way we can tap into (and take advantage of) each others talents!  For the pillow, I drew on the people with a brown Sharpie, then traced them with shiny chocolate colored puff paint.  I used a deep red binding so that it can be used all year or only during the Christmas season.  Turns out they had our names in exchange and had been stalking my Pinterest boards for months to come up with the perfect idea - a custom-made boot rack to hang outside the entry door at the cabin!  I'm so excited for spring and upside  down rain boots on this new rack after our walks through the trees.
I bought Mark's gift last September at the Little Falls Craft Fair.  As I'm about to tell you what it was/is, I'm reminded of what I bought him for his birthday.  Hmmm, seems to be a theme.  Well, here's the lamp I bought him for Christmas.  It's for at the river and was made by a couple from the North Shore.  They collect rocks and driftwood from Lake Superior and make these lamps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!