Monday, March 4, 2013

Family Table Conversation

We are constantly hearing how important it is for families to eat supper together.  And I don't think the squabbling, nagging, "I've told you a hundred times - stop dropping corn in your brother's milk!" is exactly what they (the "experts") are talking about.  I think we're supposed to be talking to each other - like real conversation.  But sometimes that's hard after, "how was your day". 

A few year's ago, I bought a couple used trivia games at a garage sale.  Kate needed a game board/game pieces for a project at school.  The trivia cards were shoved in a bowl and sit on our table at the river.  We love lingering at the table and asking each other trivia questions - it's an actually pleasurable table experience.  I decided we need that level of experience here at home also.  So I hit a couple thrift stores, found some fun trivia games for a buck or two each and popped the cards into a mini-loaf pan.  The questions aren't conversation in themselves but they often lead to very some interesting conversation!

I found American History trivia, Star Wars trivia, general junior trivia, and this Eat Me trivia card that quizzes your knowledge of sweets and snacks.  One of these questions led to a nummy experiment - I'll share the experiment and the answers to these two questions tomorrow - do you know the answers already?

 The top picture of the baby seal cracks us up - we think the swim wings kinda give away the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!