Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sweater Makeover

It's that time of year when I'm tired of winter clothes but it is still too darn cold for anything else.  I need a change.  I bought this super soft pearl colored cashmere turtleneck sweater a few years ago at a consignment shop.  It fit pretty well okay when I bought it.  It was just such a wonderful feeling sweater that I couldn't pass it up.
Well, now at the end of winter and months of not much exercise, I'm ready to admit that it really doesn't fit all that well.  As I wait in the car queue at school each day to pick up John and then Kate, I've been crocheting an extension for this sweater.  I cut the neck off and then cut up the front middle to make it into a cardigan, then sewed on the newly crocheted piece.  I like how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!