Friday, March 22, 2013

First to See the Sun

I'm still painting.  Well, actually, today I was caulking...and then painting the caulk.  Our furniture is all hunked together in the middle of the living room and everything....I mean EVERYTHING is covered with dust, sawdust, sheetrock dust...ewwww.  I put the mattresses back in our bedroom 'cause I'm tired of sleeping on couches but I haven't put my alarm clock back in yet so I've been setting the alarm on my phone instead.  The first time I used my phone as an alarm clock was when Mark and I were sleeping in a tent in Acadia National Park in Maine.  We were camping with friends who had a camper - with bunk beds - and they were hosting Kate and John for a sleepover in their camper. 

In the tent, my was alarm was set - and went off - at 4:00a.m.  On purpose.  From the top of Cadillac Mountain, you can be the very first person (or people if you're with others) to see the sun rise in the United States.  So, we woke at 4:00, drove to the top of the mountain with our doughnuts and coffee, blankets and jackets, and watched the sun rise.

So every morning now, with all this mess around me, I wake to my phone playing a guitar strum and I think of that beautiful sunrise in Maine.

Here's what that same spot looks like during the day when the sun burns off the fog:

1 comment:

  1. I love the sweater idea - it looks fabulous!

    Sorry I haven't commented in a while, but I read all your posts.

    Thanks for writing this blog... keeps us somehow still "connected."

    Hugs (from Chicago) to you & your family...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - thank you!