Saturday, March 23, 2013

One Year Old

This is the very first picture I posted on the very first post of this blog, which was exactly one year ago today.  Except, after an excruciatingly long time agonizing over the writing of that post and finally hitting the "publish" button, I somehow deleted the whole post.  I didn't realize this until a few days later and then I couldn't remember all the brilliant things I'd written so I just kept moving on. 
But this picture is still here.  The tulips in the picture, however, are buried beneath a few feet of snow on this day, this year.  And it's not pretty snow.  I couldn't, or wouldn't, even take a picture of it - so dirty and tired looking.  Happy One Year Anniversary, My Cedar House!
My real live cedar house is starting to look normal again.  The floors are all in, the walls are all painted, the baseboards are almost finished.  And the beds and furniture are back in their proper places.  We added a new chair to John's room - a place where he can sit to practice guitar.  The Jammin' Chair is what we're calling it.  And he loves it.  He tucks up into it with his guitar and just plays and plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!