Thursday, September 27, 2012

Autumn Nesting


At the river, we use plates and bowls that I've collected from antique shops, thrift stores and garage sales.  They are not all matching but all follow this amber-tone, made in USA theme.  Hull is a brand I've come to look for and I found these soup crocks a few weeks ago, right when the weather started turning colder.  The little lids are not completely necessary but they sure are fun.  I made clam chowder last week so we could try them out before packing for the next trip to the river.


And I'm back into the swing of packing lunches every morning but am amazed at how fast our cookie supply is depleted.  Hmmm.  Maybe you already do this cool trick but I was impressed when my friend, Joanne, showed me how, when she makes a batch of cookies, she bakes a pan or two and then uses a scoop to plop the rest of the raw dough on wax paper lined pans; sticks them in the freezer.  When they are frozen, they can be dumped into a plastic container or ziplock for easier freezer storage.  So when I take 12 out in the morning and bake them while I'm packing lunches, everyone thinks I got up extra early to whip up a batch of cookies and am baking them already.  (Actually they're on to my trick but still...great idea.)



1 comment:

  1. I also do this trick, simply to stem the loss of cookies on a day-by-day basis!
    Kimm

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - thank you!