Friday, September 7, 2012

Sleep Issues & Quilt in Progress


Everybody has their sleep issues; sleepwalking, nightmares, trouble getting to sleep, trouble waking, not getting enough sleep....  I snore. Kinda loud - wake myself up sometimes.  John thrashes his limbs.  Share a bed with him on vacation or even put your sleeping bag next to him and you're liable to be black and blue in the morning.  This week, in fact, he thrashed right through his sheet - which turned out to be to my advantage.  I'm making twin quilts for the bunkbeds at the river and I've vowed to only use fabric from my current stash - NO buying more.  But the little design voice in my head continues to groan, no, no, not that color, you need a better blue!  And John's old sheets are the perfect provencial/denimy blue color that I need. I know this sounds suspiciously like the times we came home from with "distressed" holes conveniently cut in our jeans but I truly did not sneak in and slash the pretty blue sheets!


My goal was to have these finished by next weekend as we'll have more guests in the fall (mainly hunters) and will need all the beds covered.  After the kids are in bed, I've been cutting strips and sewing, sewing, sewing but Teddy, here, is holding the only square completely pieced so far.  Yep, I've got a ways to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!