Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Take a Deep Breath

This is the road that leads to our home.  We travel it every day.  The hill from which this pic is taken is the highest point in our county.  When the kids were little and we reached the top of this hill on our way home, we would shout out "Take a deep breath and look ahead."  We'd all breathe deeply and the kids would ask, although they already well knew the answers, "Why?", "Is this the highest place?", "Can we see all the way to the next city?", "Did you take a breath, Mom?"
It has become our custom and I find myself, even when alone in the car, taking a deep breath and looking out into the next city as I drive home.  Occasionally it happens that there is tension in the car (read in a sarcastic tone) and yet, from the back seat I'll hear a long inhalation and a slow exhale.  And I breathe also.  And I am so grateful to be going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!