Friday, September 21, 2012

Teen Room Redo - Started


Okay, we've started re-doing Kate's room, and I'm happy to be finding some white!  Last weekend, we cleaned off the bookshelves and emptied the dresser drawers into boxes.  With all the furniture in the garage, we primed and painted with lots of white paint and now these old dressers are transformed to a beautiful, clean, white:

These are pieces of furniture I inherited years and years ago.  The black one has been painted a few times before this.  The bookshelves (cheapy veneer from Target) didn't take paint so well at all.  Actually, they turned into a yucky mess.  So, I ended up scrapping them and contemplating making new (no, I don't know how - just think oh, I could do that!) before coming to my senses and buying a new set of cheapies from Target.  Afterall, they are going into a teen bedroom which will look sparkling clean for about 1 hour and after that, really, you won't notice the cheapy bookshelves.
This weekend we'll have the windows open, the music blaring, and walls will be changing from pink to white.  Hopefully I'll have pictures to show you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!