Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lotion Bars

We're noticing the dryness in the air as the weather gets colder.  We need to moisturize.  Last winter I made these lotion bars during Girls Craft Day. (we need another one of those!)  I'd seen these lotion bars at the Little Falls Craft Fair.  Actually, I'd bought lotion bars at the Craft Fair three years in a row and loved them.  The ones I bought were citrus-almond scented - really nice.  The bar is lotion solidified.  When you rub it between your hands, it warms, melts a little and moisturizes your skin.  Perfect for in a purse, backpack or computer bag.  I found a DIY on line (I made the "luxury" bar), bought the supplies, and let it all sit on that old project shelf for awhile.
So, when the Girls Craft Day was planned and approaching, I decided I would take one thing off that shelf and DO IT!  I don't know why I procrastinate.  It was a very easy project.  I then bought these little zip bags at Ax-Man Surplus - (300 for $0.75!), and decorative waxed paper at the craft store to package each little bar.  And I want to make them again except I have so many, and they last so long.  I gave them away to other moms in the stands during baseball and softball games.  I still have alot!  But...'tis the season...I will stick new ones in our bags...and find other someones to gift them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!