Thursday, November 15, 2012

Save It, Freeze It

My fridge needs to be cleaned out.  The stuff (veggies) in my veggie drawer is frozen.  I've been told that happens when you have your fridge too full and air can't circulate.  The full fridge isn't a bad problem, I'm grateful for such a problem, but the veggies freezing isn't what I want to happen.  So, I chopped up the onion and red pepper, put them in freezer bags and into the freezer (where it's okay to freeze).  Now, when we make something like scrambled eggs, we just break off a chunk of onion and a bit of red pepper and saute it in the pan.  Actually, I find that we toss more veggies into our food because they're already chopped.
Also, the last time I bought oranges was a bust.  When I washed them, and cut into them, they were juicy and smelled great but...they had NO flavor.  How can that be?  I had a whole bag of them.  So...I quartered them, put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer so they could freeze individually, then dumped them into a freezer bag.  Now I stick one in the garbage disposal to freshen it up or I simmer it on the stove with some apple juice, a cinnamon stick, and a few cloves - makes the house smell so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!