Thursday, November 29, 2012

What Do You Call This (in WI)? and Beer

We have two MN Beer of the Month selections for November.  The plan was for this to be a "field trip" tap room/brewhouse/taste testing month but...where did the month go?  Yikes!  Will do later - promise.

The first selection is from Liftbridge Brewery in Stillwater, MN.  One of my brothers went to college with one of the guys who run this brewery so it is a pick with a special connection and one that we've tried before (and continue to enjoy).  Great selection for this gift.



Our second selection is from Cold Spring Brewery, which is in Cold Spring, MN, which is almost right next door to St. John's University, which is the college my above mentioned brother attended.  There is an abbey on campus and one of Cold Spring's beers is the Olde Johnnie Abbey Amber Ale.  According to their website, it's a recipe the monks brought over from Germany in 1857.  Must be good!



Speaking of beer... and college...there were these bars I used to get in the coffee shop during college.  They were peanut buttery rice krispie bars with chocolate/peanut butter frosting.  My sister-in-law taught me the recipe but I can't for the life of me remember what they're called.  It was something with a girl's name in it...like a Lazy Lizzy or a Messy Sally or something like that.  Ring a bell to anyone?  Also, this was in Milwaukee so...Wisconsin.  So, what do they call these?  It's driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!