Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pheasant Ravioli & Kitchen Gadgets No. 1

Do any of you have cupboards full of kitchen gadgets that you sorta forget you have OR they are so far back in the cupboard that you wonder if its really worth dragging out and ultimately decide that it's not?  Well, I do so I'm making a new "column" in this blog for "kitchen gadgets".  It will make me pull these things out of the cupboard, use them, take a picture of the, tell you all about it, and then put them back in the cupboard.  So, today's column features 3 such gadgets. 
The first is my Pampered Chef microwave steamer.  I go through phases of using this alot and then hardly all.  Last night we had steamed carrots with just a pat of melted butter, salt & pepper.
The second is my Cuisainart food processor.  I found this delicious Pheasant Ravioli online tutorial a few years ago, made it once, and decided to do it again.  This link will take you to the tutorial, broken into various steps.  So, yesterday my mom and I cut up three pheasants, browned them in olive oil, cooked them with shallots, pancetta, and white wine, added egg then ran them through the food processor to make the ravioli filling.  Ummm - smells so good!
Today I pulled out my pasta roller and we made the ravioli pasta and filled it with the pheasant:
These nummy little pillows should be served with a light butter or cream sauce but they smelled so delicious as they were boiling, and we were so hungry, we ate a couple plain, straight from the kettle.  Defnition of savory.  Oh...my.  I need to get them in the freezer 'cause I keep sneaking one out of the fridge and eating it as finger food...just so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!