Monday, May 14, 2012

Affection and Imagination

We were industrious this weekend!  Kate made the chocolate bouquet with a sign saying "I love you even more than chocolate!"  Now, coming from my notoriously chocoholic daughter, this is saying something!
While Kate was at a birthday party on Friday night, John and I made these loofah soaps, using directions I found here.  We both really enjoyed making these - and giving them on Sunday!  John was in charge of the scent (green tea & cucumber) and he did a perfect job - smells good but "not too stinky"!  His favorite part, however, was using the shredder to make packing straw from brown paper bags! Noise and destruction - how could it get any better?
 And then, our S'more basket.  We always seem to be trying to figure a way to store the s'more supplies in one place that is easy to bring to the campfire, easy to spread out during assembly, and easy to pack up and not worry about bugs getting into.  I'm not sure if these will be more cumbersome than helpful but...only one way to find out...Mmmmmm!

All in all, it was such an enjoyable weekend.  I have decided that blogging on the weekend is optional so, this past weekend, I opted not.
We were just have too much fun making things, together, for those we love.

I am certain of nothing,
but the holiness of the Heart's affections
and the truth of
Imagination.
--John Keats

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I LOVE the loofah soaps! So cool! Jenna is having a "spa" birthday party, and I may just have to make these to put in the favor bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be perfect! We had a little trouble slicing the bars evenly - they're very "artisan"!

      Delete

Please leave a comment - thank you!