Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Soundtrack of My Day

Ever have a day when one of your senses seems particularly keen?  Today, it was my hearing.  My day was full of sound; of song. 

Steamy but with a slight damp chill in the air, it felt good to have the kitchen window open early this morning while I made school lunches; listening to Fascinating Loons, daydreaming of mornings at the cabin when you need a sweatshirt but it still just feels so good to be outside.

Down in the sewing room, working on the quilt project, Roseane Cash's The List was playing.  I'm not a country music lover but I really adore this CD.  If you're not familiar, it is 35 songs from a list of 100 that her father, Johnny Cash, wrote down for her to know as part of her "music geneology, the songs that had informed him, and would eventually inform me."

I sat outside, waiting for my sister-in-law to pick me up this afternoon (going to check out a garage sale!).  A female cardinal sat on a branch nearby and sang her heart out at me.  The song was beautiful but I suspect she didn't mean for me to enjoy it.  I believe my chair was uncomfortably close to somewhere she wanted to be.

Both Kate and John sang in the Youth Choir at church tonight with the sun glowing through stained glass and it was a beautiful way to end this day.

Miracle
I have just listened to this
symphony which Mozart dashed off
in one day
and it had enough wild and crazy
joy to last
forever,
whatever forever
is
Mozart came as close as
possible to
that
--Charles Bukowski

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!