Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's Raining and Claire is Back

Today was set aside to work with my friend, Kimm, on our new book club project.  Not, good heavens, another book club - just a book club project - more to follow later, hopefully soon later!  But Kimm had to cancel and so I decided to use the day to write; to write real stuff, not just my blog which is questionable as real writing.  Its kind of more crafting and sharing and telling and showing and, of course, photographing.  And, hey - do not criticize my verbs - I'm blogg-ing!

So, in preparation of writing, Kate and I watched 3 more episodes of the Vlog Brothers' Brotherhood 2.0 on Youtube before school.  John Green is so awesome - he even convinces me that being an English nerd is a cool thing!  And...still not really writing.

Dropped Kate off at school and then...went to the bookstore to buy some books about getting inspired to write.  Sat in my car, in the rain, in the parking lot jotting down thoughts in a little notebook.  Kinda writing - at least acting like a writer - I think.

Still raining when I get home and I'm thinking of Claire.  Claire is the main character in the book I'm writing; the main character who I've kept in a box on the bottom of my project-to-do shelf for the past two years.  I've let her out briefly in that time but she was very uncooperative, which I guess is understandable if you've been kept in a box for two years.  But she's still alive; she's amazingly still alive.  So, I brought her box upstairs this morning since it was raining and the rain reminded me of Claire's first night back at her Grandfather's cabin when it rained so hard.  Thinking about writing.

I can't put the box on the dining room table 'cause it is covered with all the laundry I started folding yesterday.  Maybe I should finish that first so I have a clear, clean workspace.  Still...not writing.

Needing a cup of coffee by now so that I can start writing.  The coffee is, of course, in the kitchen - where my phone is charging, screen side up.  Ooh, I have thirteen notifications on Facebook!  That's never happened before so I take a look.  Awww - it's my lovely neice, Sarah, saying nice things about me and "liking" my writing.  So, I better get back to that writing.

But, oh yeah, I was going to take a photo to add to the blog later 'cause who wants to read a blog without pictures?  Sheesh - might as well read a book.

Okay, she's out now - Claire.  She's sitting on my couch, watching the birds, listening to the rain.  We talked...some.  I wrote...some.  She's breathing deeply.  So am I.  Maybe tomorrow she'll be more cooperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!