Friday, May 4, 2012

Little bit of Everything

Last night was a marathon night with evening activities.  So, I made the pheasant pasties in the afternoon and they were ready to grab and go - and turned out to be very good!  I can imagine how tasty they would have been as a lunch out on the fishing boat or down in the mines.  Although I love the concept, I didn't do the traditional dessert in one end and dinner in the other end - sounds yummy though, huh?  These also look like they're tipped on their sides - 'cause they are.  Just trying something different.

Kate was the MC (Mistress of Ceremonies) at her school's 2012 Variety Show last night and did a wonderful job.  I cannot imagine being able to get up on stage and speak into a microphone.  There were even a few changes that she rolled with in the blink of an eye.  I am constantly amazed by my children!

Mark and I both took the morning off today, had coffee, stopped a few garage sales, and then had lunch before heading back to work.  It was a good morning.  Here are a few "finds":

A cassette player/radio jukebox for Kate's room - and the kicker?  A Buddy Holly cassette - her absolute favorite right now (if you know my family, you'll understand - Buddy Holly is a really big deal!).  Finding these cassettes feels kinda like when I was younger and my Dad would find a cool 8-track tape of a group that was hot before they even had 8-track tapes.


John's birthday is coming soon and he has "tackle box" on his wish list so we found some great tackle to start filling it.  This was one of those guy garage sales where I stood in the driveway for ten minutes waiting while Mark contemplated which lures to buy - it's definitely fun when we both find sales with "good stuff"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!