Friday, May 18, 2012

Our Best Friend

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

The other night, after it was dark, and I was the only one up reading, there was a loud noise outside.  I could hear Rocco growling in the other room and went to investigate.  Here was my tough guard dog -- and his blankie!  Bet that would scare off any intruder.

He (Rocco) was outside with me this morning while I watered the gardens.  From the corner of his eye, he spotted a treat on the patio and gobbled it up.  Then he noticed, hey, the place is covered with them - they're actually falling from the sky.  He raced around, snatching up, munching down those little helicopter maple tree seeds!  When I yelled at him, he quickly licked up a few more, like I was going to take them away.  Best friend, yes.  Rocket scientist, no.

2 comments:

  1. Love the quote! That picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - he's the prince of this house - what a baby!

      Delete

Please leave a comment - thank you!