Saturday, April 7, 2012

Banana who?


My new favorite spoon in my all time favorite color - orange!  I can't wear the color - it looks terrible on me but I love orange things.  In color psychology, orange is associated with hunger, a thirst for more, an awakening of appetite (no wonder it's a common color scheme of fast food restaurants - not coincidence!). 
The first bag of Cara Cara oranges went so fast last week that I bought another to take on vacation.  We had freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning (and afternoon...and a little cup in the evening)...so good!  See the cool white cap that fits on the canning jar - a friend recently introduced me to them  - now my new favorite thing!  I'm having fun finding things all over the kitchen to store in these jars - love them.









Going through my list and menus for Easter dinner.  We typically go through 8-10 gallons (! I know!) of Easter punch (OJ, Pineapple juice, and 7-Up).  Over the past few days, I've been making these lovely ice rings that will chill the punch without diluting it - maraschino cherries and orange slices on the bottom of a bundt pan, fill halfway with OJ and freeze - yummy!

ORANGE YOU GLAD I DIDN'T SAY BANANA AGAIN? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!