Thursday, April 12, 2012

Laundry Treasure

Everyone brought their laundry to the laundry room before leaving for school this morning.  Rule is:  rightside out and pockets emptied.  Well, my repeat offender strikes again.  Exasperatedly emptying pocket after pocket, I worked on the lecture to deliver when school let out.  But as the first load started washing and I looked down at the tray of treasures, I saw the beauty in these small stories of my son's life.  These are the things he brought with on his adventures; the things he found and saved for later; the things that make up the best parts of his day.
He knows he's supposed to clean out his pockets.  And I will remind him again.  But my wishes and reminders are sharing space in his brain with other, maybe even more important, things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!