Monday, April 9, 2012

This Time Last Week

Last week, we woke next to the river.  I've always been a lake person but, I have to say, the river's beauty is growing on me.  We had snow the first day, hail and rain the second, and then sunny and sixties - perfect!
The days went by too fast and we didn't do all the things we'd wanted, but we relaxed and had a great time.
I finally stepped outside my comfort zone and started using the camera Mark gave me - even though I haven't had a class on how to use it (my comfort zone!).  So, hopefully, my photos will look better.

We were the only people along the shore of this pristine lake at a nearby state park.  A boardwalk and docks ran along one road of the campground.
Walking along a logging road, we heard what seemed to be an approaching herd of...?...we didn't know (although we had some pretty inaccurate guesses!).  It sounded like ALOT of whatever it was... very ominous.  As we slowly continued, the noise became increasingly loud,... then silent.  I mean, just silent!  Well,... turns out it was frogs and here was the spot in which they became silent:
 Imagine Kermit, singing away with all his little frog friends (at the tops of their lungs!) and then hiding just before we saw them.  We waited, quiet and still, for the symphony (cacophony?) to begin again but it didn't.  And we never saw a thing!
Here are our hearty neighbors in the North - Grosbeaks - watching us drink our orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!