Sunday, April 29, 2012

Re-creation

Every September, for girls' weekend, Kate and I head to the Little Falls Arts and Craft Fair with Grandma, aunts, and cousins.  There's always at least one item for sale that we say to each other, "we could do that!"  So, we think we'll remember it.  Or we take a picture.  Sometimes we even buy one as "a pattern". 

Well, I'm proud to say that we finally recreated two of these patterns.  This bow and arrow, above, is made from PVC pipe, string, and a wooden dowel.  The book club boys each made a set at our Sign of the Beaver meeting after I found this website with instructions.

These goofy snake sprinklers are made of cooper plumbing pipe and wire.  Water spurts out of holes along their backs.  I can't take any credit for these other than buying the pattern.  Mark made them for my brother and sister-in-law and we brought the snakes to their new home today at a housewarming brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!