Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Walk on a Bloomin' Beautiful Day!

So sunny and warm this morning that I went for a walk, first thing.  These daffodils made me think of William Wordsworth's poem, I wandered Lonely as a Cloud.  While Wordsworth found a meaningfulness in existence by observing nature, he also became distressed at the great contrast between the simple and genuine truth of nature and the twisted and contrived struggles of man.  He was saddened by the efforts humans make on things that do not matter, using up their lives on challenges that only bring them further from the great joy they began with.  And all the while, nature is doing this:
My photos don't do it justice - and, of course, can't capture the sound of the birds and the smell of these blossoms!
When Kate was little, she convinced me that this particular creek is where the wood fairies live - true!
If this belief from heaven be sent,
If such be Nature's holy plan,
Have I not reason to lament
What man has made of man?
--William Wordsworth
(excerpted from "Lines Written in Early Spring")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - thank you!